Looking to join a rapidly growing scaleup? Want to disrupt a traditional industry with technology?
Rebil is an online used car concept, where customers get their car delivered within 24 hours with a few clicks online. After launch preceding expectations, our next milestone is to achieve run rate revenues of 400 mNOK this year. Rebil will invest heavily in building proprietary technology and build an inhouse tech team comprised of outstanding Developers and Data Scientists.
We are now looking for a Data Scientist to help us disrupt the used car market as a key member of our tech team.
About the role
Rebil is rapidly growing within the used car industry, with our online distribution of used cars. Currently, we are hiring extensively, and we are looking for a data scientist to join our team alongside our new CTO and developers. As a Data Scientist in Rebil, you will be responsible for building and structuring our database, in parallel to building our automated pricing model for used cars.
In Rebil, there are three core business areas where technology plays a critical role, where the interplay across the three areas are key:
- Automated pricing: machine learning approach to estimate used car prices
- Logistics: efficient handling and quality control of cars in and out, in addition to inspection and repairs
- E-commerce: developing our ecommerce platform as the preferred way to buy and sell cars online.
As a Data Scientist in Rebil, Automated pricing will be your main area of focus, and will get the opportunity to be among the first members of our inhouse tech department, with support and daily collaboration with the tech department in Askeladden & Co.
As a Data Scientist in Rebil, you will be an important part of our ambitious plans. This means varied, exciting and challenging tasks focused on the area of automated pricing. We are building our competitive advantage through technology, where the combination of rapidly launching new applications to support our growth is key, in parallel with building our long-term tech stack brick by brick. The focus will be on the following areas:
- Database development: Structure existing database of used car transactions
- Define data structure for ongoing transactions and operations
- Enrich database: expand current database with new data sources
- Pricing model: design, development, and maintenance of tools for ML data and modeling pipelines, including big data processing, model training and evaluation, continuous integration and development, model quality monitoring and analytics
Our tech stack
We don't care if you worked with a completely different tech stack until now. Amazing data scientists like you can pick up new frameworks quickly. Our stack is not set in stone either. Come with solid reasons for doing things differently and we'll change our best practices!
- Python, Pandas
- Anaconda / Miniconda, Deta
- Jupyter Notebook, FastAPI, Deta
- PostgreSQL, Google BigQuery
We are offering:
- Competitive salary
- Unique opportunities for development
- Fantastic working environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues
- An innovative and disruptive place to work, challenging industry norms
- The opportunity to work in a rapidly growing scaleup with the advantages of being part of a large, professional system (Rebil is a part of Askeladden & Co)
Is this you?
- Experience within data science, machine learning or AI
- Experience with database management technologies
- Higher education at university/college level or experience corresponding to the same educational course
- It is a plus if you have an entrepreneurial sprout in your stomach or have some side/open source projects to refer to
Application and start date
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Application deadline: considered on an ongoing basis
- Language: Norwegian and/or English
Rebil offers the most convenient and transparent way for private individuals to acquire and sell their car online. With a few clicks of a button, customers get their car delivered at home within 24 hours for free. With the ambition of becoming the Nordic destination for cars, we are creating the most convenient and safe way to buy and sell a used car.
Our customers get:
- Free delivery: car delivered at home for free within 24 hours
- Return policy: 14 day return policy with money-back-guarantee if you change your mind
- No surprises: Thorough inspection, complete service and minimum 6 months warranty
Learn more about Rebil: